Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your coach to camper ratio?
- Where are the camps located?
- What are age and skill level requirements?
- How do I find the courts?
- Do I need to provide lunch and/or cash for my child?
- Do you provide airport pick up?
- What is your refund policy?
- What should each player bring to camp?
- What should I bring to camp?
What is your coach to camper ratio?
Our team camp is not the traditional individual camp due to the emphasis on match play. However, during the instructional periods, there will be enough coaches to facilitate learning for each individual.
Where are the camps located?
At the Marya Welch Tennis Center on UC Davis’ campus. With 16 courts in one location, UC Davis is ideally suited to host a competitive camp. The girls will always be able to jump on a court and the close proximity will allow for socializing between groups.
What are age and skill level requirements?
There is no skill requirement, although having played before is definitely a plus when jumping into a competitive situation. There is an age requirement of 13-18.
How do I find the courts?
The best way is to use a campus map. The courts are located in the Northeast corner of campus just off Russell Blvd. Please see the link below:
Do I need to provide lunch and/or cash for my child?
No. All meals are provided. Please let us know if you have any special needs with your child. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner are served for Campers in the Dining Halls. Cash is not necessary although there are small markets on campus for snacks, etc…
Do you provide airport pick up?
No, we do not. However, the local shuttle services in the area do a great job of getting campers to and from the campus.
What is your refund policy?
We give a full refund, less a $75 transaction fee, if the cancelation occurs 14 or more days prior to the start of camp. We will refund half the registration fee otherwise.
What should each player bring to camp?
All campers should wear shorts/skirts, shirt, tennis shoes, sunscreen and a hat. Each player is responsible for bringing their own tennis racquets. For a list of things to bring to our Camp, please see our tab for Camp Checklist
What should I bring to camp?
- Clothes – expect warm days and cool evenings
- Shoes – tennis shoes, sandals, etc.
- Swimsuit – pool nearby
- Tennis gear – racquets, bags, grips, wrist bands, etc.
- Alarm Clock
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- Notebook – to write things learned
- A Great ATTITUDE!!!!
All of UC Davis Sports Camps are open to any and all entrants.
The NCAA prohibits a UC Davis booster (other than a parent/guardian or close family member) from paying a portion of the camper’s camp fees.